Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 6: Semester-long Project

Thinking of something to do for my semester-long research and writing project was easy. The social computing technologies that I am most interested in would have to be instant messaging for one. I love people and I love talking to them. Now that I am at college and I am away from all of my high school friends that are still in high school, it is just so easy to communicate with them. Another great example of computing technologies that I am interested in would be social networking services. I love to go on facebook just to see how all of my friends are doing. Some people just like to write down something with out a response right away and I feel that it is also an easy way to communicate with love ones. Finally I use to like to play online games like online card games. Virtual worlds are a topic that would be interesting to learn more about. The three kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups that I am interested in and would like to find more about would have to be Issues of learning disabilities because I do have a learning disability and would like to find more information about it. I would love to also find out the rights and empowerment of people who have cancer. I have known and I know people who have died or who is dieing of cancer and I want to see if they still have the same rights as we do. The last one I want to find more information about would have to be overcoming racism because I want to know why people can not accept someone. We are all human and we should all be treated equal. The geographical areas that I would like to start to look in would be North America and the United States in General.

No comments: