Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HW 7: Leave Kids Alone!

I feel that if a parent monitors everything that is online, then I don’t think that a child will be free to write what on his or her mind because all that they are thinking is that they have to make their parents happy. For a parent has to monitor the child then I don’t think that right. Growing up as a child to a teen to a young adult and now finally an adult, I think that kids should have the same laws as everyone else. In her article, “My So-Called Blog,” Emily Nussbaum states that “a significant number of writers treat their journals as actual diaries, toting up detailed accounts of their day” (Kline and Burstein 354). I think that if a child wants to write something personal, then why should parents need to monitor that? I understand that parents are only trying to look after their kids but there is a time when a parent could abuse that privilege and I think looking and or monitoring their online Journals or other online sources is wrong.

No comments: