Tuesday, October 23, 2007

HW 19 Media and the truth?

After reading “Web of Influence” by Daniel Drezner and Henry Farrell I found out about what the blogosphere represents and what it does to the media. I think the second paragraph seemed to be really interesting because in March of 2003, Salam Pax, a blogger from Baghdad, was the lead story on the blogosphere when on the TV the lead story was the death of Saddam Hussein’s cousin, Ali Hassan al-Majid. Reading this paragraph made me think that their must really be two different kinds of media. I think the main problem that the world faces in any media today is the unknown. A person can believe in what ever the news tells them but is it actually true? I feel that the saying “You have to see it to believe it” is the best saying because it’s the actual truth. I feel that certain things on the news is completely true, I just feel like the media says things to “juice” up the story. I feel that most media is the truth but I still would like to the story personally.

No comments: