Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HW 25: Baghdad

After reading the foreword and introduction to “Baghdad Burning” by Ahdaf Souief and James Ridgeway, I found it very interesting about what was really going on in Iraq today. The forward, written by Ahdaf Soueif, was a very brief description of the blog written by “Baghdad Burning” by Riverbend. Soueif tell us what we can expect when reading the book Riverbend’s blog talks about how she feels about living in Iraq and how it has impacted her. It also states the effect it has on her family, war has on her country as well as her daily life. In the introduction Ridgeway tells us facts about what is happening in the war and how Iraq has advanced over the years. Ridgeway speaks about the background of Riverbend's culture, as well as telling us about the struggle Iraq was going through since the Gulf War up until the war that is currently going on. Reading the introduction and foreword to the book really helped me to understand the Iraqi war in an view that I won’t be able to view first hand. I had can never a picture or even think about what I would do if there was a war in my neighborhood. I am looking forward to reading this book because I want to know if this war really was worth it.

No comments: